Sunday 6 May 2012

Recovering my Health

For the last couple years I had really started to notice a decline in my overall health and energy.  Seeming to start about 2 years ago after I had my appendix removed and the ongoing development of a chronic sinusitis condition that no matter what I did to alleviate it would not go away.  I just started to feel more and more tired at work and at home.

My personal routine consisted of:

  • 10:00 - 11:00 Wake up grab a bowl of cereal for breakfast and get ready for work
  • 1:00 - 8:30 pm Go to work then for on my way home lazily pick up a burger or fast food for supper
  • 9:30 - 10:00 pm Pass out for a 20 min power nap after eating and a day of work. 
  • 10:00 - 1:00 am  Sit at the computer with a can of Coke while doing some gaming web browsing or watching a show.
  • 12:00 - 1:00 am bedtime  
  • Getting around 9-10 hours sleep each night
  • On the weekends I would take the dogs for a walk at the off-leash parks and occasionally use my Bowflex I bought a few years back.  But I usually would just end up getting a headache if I overexerted myself and be even more tired the day after.

It finally got to the point that I knew my sinus problems where not getting better and the constant sinus pressure was starting to drive me mental.  I bought a neti-pot, started taking Oil of Oregano and even started to vacuum the dogs thinking I might have developed some kind of allergy to our pets.  Then I came across the website of Dr. Peter Glidden and started to learn about Naturopathic medicine, food allergies and Nutritional deficiencies.

I learned that most people today are nutritionally deficient and that the majority of diseases can be prevented and recovered from by proper supplementation.
I had heard on the radio a couple years back about trace minerals and micro-nutrients, how they have been proven to be extremely beneficial in Alzheimer patients.
Centuries of mining, farming, and irrigation have eroded these minerals from our soils. These mineral deficient soils are then used to grow and cultivate our food. Because of this, our food is lacking in essential minerals.
After a lot of researching I ended up ordering my first container of
Tangy Tangerine!


1 comment: